The Hermitage Grounds create a relaxing environment for events of all kinds. Consider the Hermitage for your next corporate event, cocktail party, or birthday party. Picnics are also allowed on the Grounds during normal operating hours.
The Hermitage Foundation maintains unique facilities for all corporate events. All parties interested in hosting events at The Hermitage Foundation are required to be museum Members at the Caprice Level which is included in the rental fee.
A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 will hold your chosen event date and be applied to the rental fee. Fifty-percent (50%) of the basic Event Rental fee is due when signing the Event Agreement. The basic Event fee balance is due to The Hermitage no less than thirty (30) days prior to the event.
- Guest access to designated facilities and gardens from 6:00pm – 11:00pm. Please contact us if less time is needed.
- Access to two (2) fully-stocked restrooms, parking on the grounds for up to 150 vehicles, and all utilities for event
- A one-year Hermitage Museum Membership at the Caprice Level (link to membership benefits)
- Four (4) Hermitage Event Attendants. This includes at least two (2) Indoor Attendants to provide indoor security, assist guests, and answer questions and at least two (2) Outdoor Attendants to provide outdoor security, direct parking, and oversee event clean up.
Please contact us for pricing. Fees depend on amount of guests, day of the week, and the length of your event.
- The Hermitage consists of an historic home, extensive gardens and grounds, and an important art and materials collection. Respect for the home, grounds, and collection are key to ensuring a successful event.
- Events are permitted outdoors only. Exceptions can be made for small meetings, lectures, and openings on a case-by-case basis.
- Contact information must be provided for all vendors (e.g. caterers, equipment rental companies, photographers, musicians). All caterers must be licensed and fully insured.
- ABC license is required as well as event insurance. A copy of the certificate of insurance must be on file 30 days before event date.
- Food and beverage service, music, and similar vendor activities must cease at 10:15pm. All guests must vacate the premises by 11:00pm.
Bring a blanket or a chair and enjoy a picnic on the waterfront. Whether it is the grotto, east garden, or shoreline, all areas on the grounds are available for picnics. Our separate picnic area is equipped with four picnic tables for your convenience.
All parties of 10 or more people must call in advance to make a reservation. There is a facility fee of $50 per hour for picnics of 25-50 people. For picnics of 51 or more people, please contact our Weddings & Events department for further price information.
- Reservation must be made in advance and are subject to museums availability
- Groups of 15 or more must check-in at the front desk
- No grills allowed
- Alcohol is not allowed
- All groups are responsible for their own trash removal
- The Hermitage consists of a historic home, extensive gardens and grounds, and an important art and materials collection. Respect for the home, grounds, and collection are key to ensuring a successful event.