Join our team of dynamic, passionate individuals! View our available positions below. No phone calls will be accepted.
Seasonal Part Time
General Overview: Coordinates details and setup for events at the Hermitage, including but not limited to: weddings, corporate events, group tours, cocktail parties, receptions, photo shoots and picnics. The events coordinator will frequently be required to stay on site for the full duration of an event, to ensure that the client’s needs are met swiftly and professionally and that the integrity of the museum, its artwork and its grounds are protected. The coordinator will oversee part-time attendants working the events. The coordinator is responsible for making sure that the events are of the highest quality, and meet the expectations of the client. The coordinator will also set up appointments to promote and market the events capability of the Hermitage. Schedule is determined by the requirements of the position and will include day, evening, weekend and nighttime hours. Assists all Hermitage staff on events. Reports to Weddings, Events and Tours Manager. 20 hours/week, March through November.
- Respond to inquiries and provide site visits for potential event clients
- Oversee all private events and be present to ensure standards and guidelines are met
- Attends bridal shows, industry events, meetings to create relationships with wedding professionals
- Represents the Hermitage in a professional and enthusiastic manner
- Has basic knowledge of museum and gardens
- Support the overall museum staff with additional events or tours as required
- Design and coordinate bridal show booths
- Creates monthly newsletters for Hermitage couples
- Work on contracts and invoices reminders for couples
- Great customer service and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with e-mail and calendaring software, intermediate word processing skills (preferably MS Word), and basic spreadsheet skills (preferably Excel). Knowledge of Constant Contact is a plus
- Interest in the event industry
- Availability on weekends and nights a must
- Associates Degree or higher
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Lil Acosta, Weddings, Events, and Tours Manager at email@example.com.
Visual Arts School Instructors – ongoing
The Hermitage Museum seeks experienced educators to submit proposals for dynamic studio art class and workshop ideas. If you have a new, exciting idea for a class or workshop, please submit your resume including previous teaching experience, Class Proposal Form, and digital images of your work that relates to the proposed class to:
Carrie Spencer, Curator of Education and Contemporary Art
7637 North Shore Rd. Norfolk, VA 23505
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Hermitage Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.